- We understand the costs and annoyance of spam and unwanted mailing lists. Personal information will only be collected to the extent necessary, by lawful and fair means, and for specified purposes which are relevant to our operations. If we hold personal information about an individual and the individual is able to establish that the information is not accurate, complete and up-to-date, we will take reasonable steps to correct the information so that it is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
- PDS will not sell/distribute your information We do not sell personal information to other companies. The only circumstances in which external organisations may be given access to our customers’ personal information are when our contractors and service providers are assisting us in the operation of our business or to provide a customer service (for example, a company which helps maintain our computer systems or sends out our mail). In all circumstances where your personal information is disclosed we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that third parties undertake to protect your privacy.
- We collect your personal information only after informing you of the purpose of its use, our contact person, or other information, and only to the extent reasonably necessary for our purpose. Customers are welcome to request personal information we hold about them. To obtain a copy of the personal information that we hold, please contact the our Privacy Officer. We may require personal identification. All personal information supplied to us is not shared with any other third parties unless explicitly and expressly communicated when you submit the information.
What do we collect?
- Generally your name, email address, city of residence, mail address and telephone numbers are kept.
How is it collected?
- Personal information about you is collected only when knowingly and voluntarily submitted. Personal Information is collected by our organisation via the following: direct requests for information made by us to you either verbally or in writing, including information included in any agreement or schedule to agreement with us. It is our intention that this policy will protect your personal information from being dealt with in any way that is inconsistent with applicable privacy laws in Australia.
- If information is gathered by our web site, our web servers gather your IP address to assist with the diagnosis of problems or support issues with our services. Again, information is gathered in aggregate only and cannot be traced to an individual user.
Cookies and Applets
What do we do with your information?
- It will be used to form part of a database of purchasers already interested in our products and services. It is for our use only.
How is it stored?
- Our internal electronic storage systems hold the information.
Is it secure?
- We strive to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personal information submitted to us including via our web sites, and we review and update our security measures in light of current technologies. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee our systems to be totally secure.
- However, we will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information you may disclose to us.
- In addition, our employees and the contractors who provide services to us are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us. However, we will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to your personal information.
How long is it held for?
- Unless you specify an expiry date, we hold the information at a time of its own discretion.
- For more information about privacy issues in Australia and protecting your privacy, visit the Australian Federal Privacy Commissioner's web site; http://www.privacy.gov.au/. Any complaints in relation to our handling of your personal information can be directed to the Australian Federal Privacy Commissioner.